The Singapore Para-Dressage Team’s journey to the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games in Normandy started as far back as 2012, when Laurentia Tan qualified for the Grade 1a Para-Dressage event with her gelding, Ruben James 2, by means of the London Paralympic Games.
FEI PRESS RELEASE
Lausanne (SUI), 17 July 2014
The three remaining Athlete Representatives that will form the Athletes’ Committee and also serve on the respective Technical Committees have now been finalised following the closure of the second ballot in the online FEI Athletes Election 2014.
The Athlete Representatives for Jumping, Eventing and Para-Equestrian Dressage are:
- Jumping: Rodrigo Pessoa (BRA)
- Eventing: Daisy Berkeley (GBR)
- Para-Equestrian: Laurentia Tan (SIN)
None of these candidates had received a simple majority of the votes cast during the first ballot (15 April-1 June 2014) and, as a result, a second ballot was held (16 June-16 July) with two candidates per discipline.
The appointed FEI Athlete Representatives in each discipline will also form the FEI Athletes’ Committee, which will convene when the FEI Technical Committees require feedback on areas relevant to all FEI athletes.
The term in office of the athlete representative on the Technical Committees will start on 15 December 2014, at the same time as those of all other new Committee members. Athlete Representatives are the only members of any FEI Committee that can sit on two committees at any one time.
The 2014 athlete elections were the first time in the FEI’s 93-year history that the athletes themselves had the opportunity to vote for their Athlete Representatives. A total of 26 candidates from 10 nations stood for election, and the elections were conducted via a secure online voting platform, where the curriculum vitaes of all athlete candidates were made available.
FEI registered athletes aged 18 years and over who were included on their respective Ranking Lists from 31 December 2013 were eligible to vote for their Athlete Representative.
Please find the final standings for the Annual Equestrian League 2013/2014 here. Congratulations to all winners!
- FEI Prix St. Georges: Soh Wei Chi / Mirabel Hojris
- Advanced: Katinka Thorburn / Falcon Kittywaike
- Medium: Catrina Laird / Donna Rubina
- Elementary: Gena Marjanovic / Whispering the Wild
- Novice: Samantha Parkhurst / D’Artagnan
- Preliminary (Open): Hannah Sheehy / Sonas-Saoirse Lily
- Preliminary (Restricted): Elizabeth Duffy / Little Lisa
- Dressage School Rider of the Year: Judith Li
- Dressage Junior Rider of the Year: Shana Thurley
- Dressage Rider of the Year: Audrey Njoto
- Dressage Horse of the Year: Mirabel Hojris
- 130cm: Predrag Marjanovic / Whispering the Wild
- 120cm: Nicola Bartropp / Glenwood Park Marjorie
- 110cm: Kirsten Reinhart / Ryan J
- 100cm: Kenza David / Wynella Whisky
- 90cm: Nancy Hughes / Foxdale Villarni
- Jumping School Rider of the Year: Nicola Hammond
- Jumping Junior Rider of the Year: Nicola Hammond
- Jumping Rider of the Year: Nicola Bartropp
- Jumping Horse of the Year: Glenwood Park Marjorie
Please find the preliminary final standings for the Annual Equestrian League 2013/2014 here. Should you feel that there are any discrepancies, please contact us before 20th June 2014, after which the results will be considered final.
Please note that for the 2013/2014 season, rider/horse combinations are required to compete in a minimum of three (3) shows to be considered for any Award. Riders need to compete in a minimum of three (3) shows to be considered for any Special Award.
Congratulations to all winners of the National Jumping Finals 2014!
- 70cm Star of the Future: Shana Thurley / Toby
- 80cm Star of the Future: Fiona Craig / Maverick
- 90cm Championship: Nancy Hughes / Foxdale Villarni
- 100cm Championship: Rosie Fisher / Lenny Hays
- 110cm Championship: Kirsten Reinhart / Ryan J
- 120cm Championship: Bethan Withers / Fiero du Riou
- 130cm Championship: Cheong Su-Yen / Claim Collin
At the Singapore Sports Awards 2014 on Saturday evening, Janine Khoo was honoured as the Sportsgirl of the Year for her achievements in 2013.
In June 2013, Janine became the first Singaporean to qualify for and participate in the FEI World Jumping Challenge Finals in Caracas, Venezuela, where she finished 4th. She followed that up with a strong performance in the Sparkassen German Friendship Games the following month, before winning a gold medal in Individual Showjumping at the 27th SEA Games in Myanmar in December.
Please find the latest Annual Equestrian League 2013/14 standings, updated through to the STCRC Inter-Club Dressage Competition, uploaded here.
For the first time since the London Paralympic Games in 2012, the full team of Laurentia Tan, Maximillian Tan and Gemma Foo participated in a competition together. At the CPEDI3* Roosendaal, they scored 413.764% to place 2nd in the Team event, combining scores from their Team and Individual Championship tests.
Laurentia was the first competitor to go for Singapore on the first day of competition, posting a score of 73.478% to take 1st place in the Grade 1a Team Test, ahead of Gemma, who scored 72.899% to take 2nd. Max unfortunately had an error-of-course deduction in the Grade 1b Team Test, and finished in 8th on 59.733%. He improved to 5th with a score of 64.828% on the second day in the Grade 1b Individual Championship Test, while Laurentia and Gemma again finished in 1st and 2nd in the Grade 1a Individual Championship Test with scores of 73.333% and 69.493% respectively.
These scores qualified them all for the Freestyle to Music classes on the final day of competition, where Max finished in 4th with 63.250%. And in their last class of the competition, Laurentia and Gemma posted their third 1-2 finish of the competition, with scores of 78.667% and 73.667%!